a new training, a new pedagogical tool! Thermoplastic welding technologies
E-LEARNING COMPOSITES ACADEMY presents its latest module on "Welding technologies for thermoplastic composites", a pedagogical innovation both in terms of content (many experts have participated) and form (an original welding simulator is an integral part of this new course).
The objective of the organisation with this innovation is to offer generic training in the various welding technologies, to compare them with each other by indicating their advantages and their limits in given configurations, to popularise and share complex information, validated by international experts in the field. The potential of this new module is mainly due to the sharing of knowledge, creating a unique and unprecedented resource. The state of the art of the 10 technologies covered, which are constantly evolving, makes it possible to understand the industrial prospects necessary for their maturity and to acquire a common language. The enrichment of an adapted and standardised vocabulary facilitates exchanges between the various players in the sector.
A simulator, a new and educational tool, completes and consolidates the knowledge acquired. It enables the most suitable technologies to be objectively defined according to the geometric constraints of the parts and materials to be assembled.
In its training course, E-LEARNING COMPOSITES ACADEMY illustrates each welding technology with animations, promoting a better understanding of the processes covered.
This pedagogical innovation completes the family of thermoplastic composite materials, for which courses on "Introduction to polymers" or "Stamping technology" are already available. Other courses such as "Generalities of composite materials", "RTM and Infusion technologies" for thermoset materials complete the offer.
Acknowledgement of the "Welding" module:
We are honoured to have been able to validate the contents of this course thanks to the contribution and involvement of the following experts
- Pierre Rouch (Advanced chief engineer senior expert for thermoplastics ? technology office) for the companies DAHER and KVE INDUCT
- Jérôme Hubert (President) of the company PINETTE PEI
- Sébastien Cochais (Technical & Industrial Director - Thermal Consolidation / Thermoplastics Stamping Expertise) and Amélie Brientin (R&D and New Projects Manager) for The company AVIACOMP
- Jérôme Raynal (Director Aeronautics & composites) and Aurélien Philippe (Head of Composites, Brazing, FSW-Research, Innovation, Expertise Department, INSTITUT DE SOUDURE Group)
- Pierre Pinet (Product Manager) from SOPARA
- Gaëlle Guyader (Expert Project Manager and Head of Development in the aeronautics sector) and Guillaume Vincent (Research Engineer, composite materials processes) of the IRT JULES VERNE
- Eric Dorn (Manager) of the company LDB
We would like to thank the following people and structures for the quality of the interviews:
- Fabrice Carassus (Materials R&D engineer) and Toufik Djilali (innovation manager) for LAUAK
- Bram Jongboed (Materials & Process Engineer) for DELFT University of Technology
- France Chabert (HDR lecturer) Ecole Nationale d'ingénieurs de Tarbes
- Didier Trichet (Director of the IREENA laboratory) for the University of Nantes
- Christophe Binetruy (Professor of Mechanical Engineering) of the Ecole Centrale de Nantes
Finally, E-LEARNING COMPOSITES ACADEMY would like to thank its Committee of Excellence, made up of personalities from the industrial world (raw material producers, transformers, equipment manufacturers), from research and teaching, who support, validate and advise the company's actions, and especially its President Michel Glotin, who has actively participated in the quality and creation of content.